Who do you want to be? What are you willing to ask for and do?
Leadership based on values and purpose, energy and effectiveness, creativity and focus, integrity and trust, respect and camaraderie, resilience and humor.
I am based in the Twin Cities and travel internationally for work, learning and exploration. Along with travel I also spend time with family and friends, Boundary Waters camping and hiking, reading, dance, biking and volunteering. I am married with two adult daughters and two cats!
Since 2005, my coaching and consulting work has included for profit and not for profit organizations, individuals and groups, diverse locations, ages and ethnicities. I am attracted to clients who are interested in making a difference in their world – being more effective as a Board of Directors, a more positive and productive corporate team or a more healthy, highly functioning individual.
I care deeply about who we are to each other and how we live as citizens of this one world, supporting causes home and abroad. Some of those causes include climate change, active nonviolence, education of women and girls, Native American rights, Iraqi American reconciliation, racial and ethnic equity and interfaith dialogue.
I work every day to improve my specialties
I specialize in leadership, team development facilitation and workshops. In 2014 and 2015 I added the professional certification, PCC, from ICF and was certified in The Advanced Coaching Series–Neuroscience, Consciousness, and Transformational Coaching, CNTC, BEabove Leadership including the flagship, Seven Levels of Individual, Group and Organizational Effectiveness™. Other advanced training includes system and team development models, assessment and leadership tools from Organizational Relationship Systems Coaching (CRR Global), Team Coaching International, and Co-Active Leadership. My approach includes both compassion and rigor; creativity and structure.
Let's Grab Coffee
Conversation is always first! Whether you’re looking for more info or are ready to jump into some coaching.
Driven by Science
I use the latest research in the neuroscience of human development to provide a road map for higher levels of consciousness and effectiveness, both in organizations and in life. Neuroscience that includes understanding the brain and executive function, integration, polarities, change, learning and stress reduction.
I have over 10 years experience in leadership, team development, facilitation and training; individual, group and team work in corporate and not for profit organizations. I have experience working with ethnically diverse populations in the U.S., Middle East and Rwanda.
As an International Coach Federation, ICF, Professional Coach, I acknowledge and agree to honor my ethical and legal obligations to my coaching clients and sponsors, colleagues, and to the public at large. I pledge to comply with the ICF Code of Ethics and to practice these standards with those whom I coach.
I believe in the co-active approach. You decide the agenda; I support you to make it real. I provide focus, acknowledgement, accountabilities and coaching skills. Support that includes letting you know when you are playing small, or not following the path you have said you want to travel.
Coaching is flexible and functional. Meetings occur at your office or office phone, my office, or even a coffee shop. It happens in urban, rural or suburban areas; U.S. or international. Coaching works with any geography as long as there is partnership, trust and desire to maximize potential.
Affiliate Coach with BEabove Leadership: Neuroscience, Consciousness and Transformational Coaching, completing both the certification program (CNTC) and Train the Trainer Program as a licensed trainer for groups within organizations.
Joan Haan, MA CPCC PCC CNTC
I work with individuals and teams, nonprofit and for profit organizations, Greater Twin Cities and internationally.
- Allina Medical Transport
- Catalyst, HerShe Program
- Fairview Pharmacy
- Global Language Institute
- Iraqi American Reconciliation Project
- Luther College
- Robbinsdale Spanish Immersion/Middle School
- Spiritual Directors International
- St. Stephen’s Shelter
International Work and Travel Areas:
- White Dove Girls’ School, Kigali, Rwanda, Leadership Development
- American Reconciliation Project, IARP, first U.S. delegation to travel to Iraq
- West Bank, Jordan and Israel, Conversations with Other, CwO, and Promoting East / West Conversation: The Art of Silence and Listening
- Friends Forever/Common Paths Jewish and Arab Israeli teens, Leadership, U.S. and Israel
Training and Credentials:
- CNTC (Certified Neurotransformational Coach) – BeAbove Leadership
- PCC (Professional Certified Coach) – International Coach Federation, ICF
- Co-Active Leadership, Coaches Training Institute, CTI
- Center for Right Relationship, CRR Global – Organization & Relationship Systems Coaching, Core Curriculum
- Team Diagnostic™ Assessment, authorized facilitator
- CPCC (Certified Professional Co-Active Coach) – The Coaches Training Institute, CTI
- MA, Special Education – Eastern Michigan University
Professional Associations and Community Experiences:
- International Coaches Federation, ICF
- ICF, Minnesota Chapter
- Trainer, Creating a Culture of Peace: Nonviolence Training for Personal and Social Change
- Community wide Series Co-Convener, Liaison and Planning Team, Saint Paul Area Interfaith Network, SPIN
- Facilitator, Public Conversations Project
- Co-facilitator, Pilgrims for Just Peace, Pilgrim Lutheran Church
- Mentor, Battle Creek Middle School
- Executive Director’s Leadership Council, Amnesty International
- Co-Founder, Interfaith Conversation Cafe
- Co-Founder, Conversations with Other
- Parent Boards and committees, Minnehaha Academy and Independent School District 196
- Metropolitan Interfaith Council on Affordable Housing
- State Board, American Association of University Women
- Co-Founder and Board, Recycling Coalition of Arlington, (TX) Inc.